I thought I would write this set of tutorials since the online samples and documentation can seem a bit daunting for a beginner learning the ropes. Keep checking back here too as I will be continuously adding more tutorials.
I was very excited when I first saw what O3D can do. It is certainly a step up from previous attempts at doing 3D within a browser window.
I got a lot of the code I used in the tutorials from the Google samples, so a lot of it will be recognisable if you go and check out the samples supplied by Google for O3D.
After hearing from a few people who struggled to find the O3D libraries, I have made them available for download here.
You can see the demo application in action here.
- Tutorial 1: Initialising an O3D application
- Tutorial 2: Drawing a cube
- Tutorial 3: Writing some text to the screen
- Tutorial 4: The beginnings of a HUD
- Tutorial 5: Capturing keyboard input
- Tutorial 6: Introducing the mouse
- Tutorial 8: Using primitives
- Tutorial 9: Phong shading
- Tutorial 10: Interacting with an object
- Tutorial 11: Calculating the frame rate
- Tutorial 12: Textures
- Tutorial 13: Setting a background image
- Tutorial 14: Loading a scene
- Tutorial 15: Getting the color of a pixel in an image
- Tutorial 16: A more intuitive camera
- Tutorial 17: Creating a terrain with a heightmap
- Tutorial 18: Calculating normals
- Tutorial 19: Combining a phong and texture shader
- Tutorial 20: Multiple lights